Monday 29 November 2010

Film Poster Mock up

This is my Mock up Film Poster. I wanted to makes sure that the poster incorporated elements of the genre and our film. I did not want the poster to reveal to much of the narrative away, but I wanted to draw interest to the Target Audience. I did not want the image to appear to cheerful, because that would not reflect the nature of the film's narrative and characters. But I did fill the colours for elements that would need colour ( The Sun, The Trees, The background buildings). 

I tried to follow the conventions of a film poster, by placing each elelment of the poster in a traditional way. This includes having the credits and realted information at the bottom. Also I had the tagline at the top of the page, to ensure that the target audience would see it before the title, but also ensure that this would make the audience look at elements of the poster as a sequence. Firstly, reading the tagline, then looking at the background image, then the foregroubnd image, then the title and then finally the release date and cast information.  I made the image of the main character medium sized in relation to to the rest of the poster, to signify the closeness of the character in relation to the audience. This poster is susposed to create a sense of mystery for the audience and I assume that this poster will appear more serious, representing the genre and the narrartive. Due to this I think that the audience will be a mature audience, because Children or young adults may not find the poster very appealing,unless the youung adults are Media or Film Studies students, because I think that is the only way the poster will appeal to them. I chose to make the poster Horizontal, because this partucular poster is for Billboards, which are conventionally horizontal, I wanted make a poster that could be seen by the general public, not just the target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment